Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blessings.

"What if your blessings come through rain drops? What if your healing comes through tears? What if the trials of this life are your mercies in disguise? What if your greatest disappointments are the revealing of a greater Thirst this life can't satisfy!"

Kelly from Kelly's Korner posted a music video of this song. It spoke volumes to my heart. I think about my life and how far from perfect it is but how incredibly blessed I am. I think about the things I pray for nightly and how much worse it could be. I think about those who were just diagnosed with cancer, or attending a funeral for a loved one. However, I do believe we walk through things in life to make us stronger. I have to remind myself daily that this is not my home. Whether or not I get a job, whether or not I get married, whether or not I am able to have kids, whether or not I get 5 or 35 more years with my parents is not truly what matters. None of that matters at the end of the day. What does matter is that I know the One who created me and designed a perfect, flawless plan for my life. His perfect and flawless plan will have many imperfections and flaws. You might think, that can't be possible but it is. Look at your life. It's not perfect, yet you are living the life [hopefully] the Lord has called you to. 

How many times have you heard the saying "God won't give you anymore than you can handle!" How many have ever thought how far from the Truth that is...... I hadn't until church a few weeks ago! God's plan is to give us WAY more than we can handle simply so we will rely on Him. He doesn't want us to do it alone. In fact, he demands us to call on Him. 

My goal is to look at trials in a different way....... 



No comments: