Sunday, April 10, 2011

What I've Been Up To....

These What I've Been Up To posts seem to be all too familiar....I guess that's what happens when there is a seven, eight, ten day span between blogging! I am must better at keeping up with other people's blogs than I am my own. Sad day. Life just gets the best of me and well ya know.... This weekend has been filled with a bunch of nothing and it has been wonderful! I should be cleaning my room, organizing for the week, doing laundry, etc.... however, none of that is going to happen! I only have four weeks left with my very best friends so I'm not going to waste too much time doing unfun things like the chores listed above! 

Here we go...Let's see if I can actually remember what I've been up to!

*Lots of my time has been spent at school. This semester has changed me! I am so incredibly blessed by my kids and my cooperating teacher. I love each of my kids so much I will bawl like a baby when I leave them April 29th. I am beyond sad. I think it's worse because I am moving back to Texas and who knows when I will see these babies again! They have touched my heart!

*I started a book on Shutterfly with all the pics from this past semester with my first graders! I can't wait to order it! It will be such a keepsake. I am going to go back through and add quotes that I don't ever want to forget! Like the one I got on Friday from one of my little boys talking to another little boy!
"I don't believe in Sunnybrook, I believe in Catholic!"
[Sunnybrook is a Christian Community Church here in Stillwater....hilarious what kids pick up on!]
[With my kids at the school's PE Program Friday night!]




*We had our senior night Friday night! So fun! I love being with my entire pledge class. It's fun to watch our relationships grow over the past four years! I am thankful for their friendship. Definitely been the light in many dark times! Love you, PC 07!

*Our senior date party is this Friday - Peace Out! I. can't. wait! Date parties aren't typically my thing; however, Peace Out is the most fun of all! For some reason dressing like a hippie and throwing up a peace sign all night just makes things more fun!

[Peace Out 2009]


*I got Shellac nails! Obsessed. It is worth every penny of $30 and I will definitely keep them up from here on out! How wonderful is it to simply walk out of the nail salon and not have to worry about messing them up or chipping them the next day! I wish I would of came up with that idea.

*I'm running in Remember the 10 this weekend! It's a memorial run for the ten basketball players that were killed in a plane crash several years ago. I have not participated since being in college so I'm excited to be a part of a special run. Despite the running part, but that's a whole nother' topic! Ugh!

*I am reading three books:
1. Heaven is For Real
2. Weird - Because Normal Isn't Working
3. Radiant
You should read all of them! Bless your soul, for sure!

*I graduate in 4 weeks. Like is that even possible? Guess we'll see...

*I'm beyond excited to not do this whole long distance thing! I miss Caleb!!!

*I am reslishing in every moment that I can with friends! I am going to miss Stillwater so much! Tears come to my eyes when I think about leaving. But I am excited for this new chapter in my life! Hopefully it will start sooner than later - meaning hopefully I will get a teaching job! Education in Texas is in a tizzy right now. The Lord will provide, yes He will!

3 comments:

Jenn W said...

i just bought Heaven is For Real a few days ago...can't wait til i have time to read it! it sounds like a great book!!

Say said...

Heaven is for Real is SOOOOOOOO good!!!! You will read it in one day. I couldn't put it down! I am wanting to purchase " Weird," I'm reading his "Christian Atheist book right now though!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It sounds like you've been one busy girl!!!