Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm Blessed.

The only word that comes to mind right now is blessed. As I sit here right now thinking back on this semester and how it hasn't been the most ideal past few months; however, I am blessed. I have realized how special life is and how important quality time is. I lost two grandparents in the last two months, one being my great grandma or my very best friend. For the past two years I have prayed that the Lord would prepare my heart for the day I lose my Nanny. However, I honestly believed she would never die. I know crazy. Especially since she was 96, but I just never thought it would happen. After all, she was in great shape! I can honestly say there is a God and that same God answers prayers. My heart was so prepared I was even in shock. I never thought I could handle it but the Lord gave me a peace that I never could of had on my own. How dare I doubt the power of God? This peace has guided me through this trench and allowed me to breathe. I am so thankful for the time I had with my Nanny. I am more than lucky to of had twenty two years with her. She was more than a great grandma, she was my person.

I feel extremely blessed during this Christmas season. It has been a season in this life, but that is exactly what is has been: a season. This too shall pass. And it will. Because of Jesus I feel peace. And for that I am grateful. As I read blogs about women who have lost their husbands to cancer  or families who have lost a loved one in a car accident I realize once again how extremely blessed I am. I am once again convicted about how precious this life is. Take time to appreciate life and appreciate one another.

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!