Saturday, January 1, 2011

20 questions for 2010

1. What did you do in 2010 that you had never done before?
I began to sew. My parents bought me a sewing machine for Christmas so I am excited to teach myself how to do lots of little crafts. Some of my goals for this semester is to make aprons, curtains for my classroom, chair backs for my classroom, and a duvet cover. Let's see if I can fit any of this in! ;)


2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't necessarily make resolutions, I do make goals though. I know I checked some things off my list, however, there is always room for improvement. I will do a post on my goals on another day.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my dear friend, Cami, gave birth to baby #3. Sawyer Cate entered this world in June and it was an amazing day. I was honored to be a part of her debut into this world. Love her so much!


4. Did anyone close to you die?
2010 has been a bittersweet year - I lost my grandpa and my very best friend, my nanny. The Lord provides strength and peace for which I am thankful.


5. What places have you visited?
I went to California with my eight best friends back in May. I also traveled to Austin, Texas with the same group to watch my Cowboys beat those Longhorns. Pretty low key year in the traveling department.


6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
I would like to have a cozy apartment and a teaching job.


7. What date from 2010 will remain etched in your memory and why?
September 27th - the day my nan fell and broke her hip. The day my heart began to be prepared for her death. The day I realized I would one day have to let go and be okay.


8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Finishing all of my college course work. All I have left is student teaching in 1st grade!


9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing beyond sinus infections, coughs, colds....


10. What was the best thing you bought?
My black pants from Gap that I live in....


11. Where did most of your money go?
Sonic large cokes.... :0)


12. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Anything from the new T-Swift CD


13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
Trusting more....


14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Worrying less.....



15. What was your favorite TV program?
Ew, not a huge TV person! Anything on TLC though!


16. What was the best book you read this year?
Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin


17. What was your favorite film of the year?
Despite all the sex scenes, Love and Other Drugs was a great movie!


18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 22 this year. I spent my birthday weekend in Texas with my family. We went to dinner & opened presents. It was a pretty low key birthday, especially after my 21st!


19. What political issue stirred you the most?
Taking jobs away from education....


20. Who was the best new person you met?
The girls in my Bible study!



No comments: