Saturday, December 11, 2010

Kristen's Shower

Kylie and I gave Kristen a Christmas shower last weekend. It was SO much fun!! We had a great time & it was really fun planning. Everyone brought her some sort of Christmas gift. She got some amazing stuff! Her mom, sister, and grandma gave her everything she will need to decorate her Christmas tree. She is doing a gold, silver, and turquoise theme with some peacock feathers. It will be darling! She also got lots of kitchen stuff, like platters, plates, etc... I gave her the cutest OSU ornament to add to her OSU tree! I recommend everyone having a Christmas shower because it really is expensive to decorate so this is a great way to get decorations without spending a dime. Right on! 

My favorite display is the snowman. I bought it at Hobby Lobby for $25 (half off..love it!) We had cupcakes, sugar cookies, smokies, hot chocolate, jalapeno cream cheese and a bacon cheese dip! Topped off with a made up punch recipe! It turned out really good, by the way! Raspberry sherbert, gingerale, can of pineapple rounds (w/ juice). Chilled. Yummy!

I am SO excited for Kristen and can't wait to be a part of her special day! She will have a BEAUTIFUL wedding and be an even more beautiful bride. I am so thankful for Kristen. She is a friend who is honest, yet kind, and always makes me laugh. Usually because of our inappropriate conversations! (You too, Kali...HI!!!) Anyways, the shower was a huge success. We had lots of fun and lots of laughs! That's what it is all about, right!! I am in major craft mode~ would post pics but most of it is gifts for people who just might read my blog! ;0)



2 comments:

Hannah Yauk said...

What a great way for all of us who love Kristen to get to know each other. I think the shower was wonderful! The hostesses were wonderful too :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like it was a fun time! I love that red wall!