Sunday, July 11, 2010

Make a Difference Monday


"Create in me a clean heart, O God." ~Psalm 51:10

Could there be a more fundamental prayer request than this? Could there be anything more essential than this? Could there be any hope more beautiful than to believe that someday your heart and mine will be totally free from impurity of any kind? Sin is a tragedy of the heart. Thankfully, by the grace of God we are cleared from our sins the moment we ask for His forgiveness. As hard as it might be to wrap our mortal minds around that. The transforming power of the grace of God is unbelievable yet believable. 


What tends to compete in your heart for the worship (rule, control, power, authority) that only God is supposed to have? How does this "God-replacement" tend to influence you?

Mine is distractions from the Word and prayer. Instead of going to God first, sometimes He is my second or third. Unless I am in BIG NEED of God? But isn't every situation a situation for BIG NEED? Yes.


Sometimes it is easier to talk things over with a friend, boyfriend, husband, family member because you get instant response, rather than "waiting" on God. However, if only I would "wait" for God more times than I hurry to get answers. 

Copy the verse to your blog & add my button! Let us hear your heart on this Monday.
Be sure to link up too!!

The pictures are from the Clark wedding tonight! Enjoy! :0)




1 comment:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wow, do I so identify with this! I'm working on talking to him about more than the big things!