Saturday, January 23, 2010

Child Like Faith



I had the privledge of going to Mrs. Radka's first grade class Friday afternoon. The day before was 100's Day at school and for anyone that knows school age children this is a HUGE day! One of the activities Mrs. Radka had the children do was write about what they would do with $100 and draw an illustration. One little boy who is extremely smart wrote something that blew my mind and really challenged me.

"If I had 100 dollars I would give 90 dollars away to the poor. Because Jesus said it is easyer for a camel to go throgh an eye of a needle then for a rich person to go to heaven. And I would spend the ten dollars on things I need like food and chloths the end."


When I read this I felt so happy that a child understands what the Bible calls us to do as believers. But I also felt challenged to quote scripture more in my writing, conversations, etc... A first grader just took a part of scripture and WROTE about it!! This little boy understands the importance of giving.

Teaching is my mission field and I am so excited to begin my career. I will forever be blessed by this little boy. I thank God for children and their child like Faith. I am positive they will teach me more than I will EVER be able to teach them.

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God."
~Romans 5:1-2


Be Blessed,
Claire

No comments: