Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blessed.

I love my church here in Stillwater. I go to Life Church and have been extremely blessed the past few years. Craig Groeschel is a man of God's word who speaks Truth to the church. I leave church each Sunday overwhelmed by what God is speaking to my heart, but today probably surpassed them all.

Church began with a "Baptism Bash" and we worshiped to the song 'Healer' by Hillsong. This song brought tears to my eyes as I sang the words:
"You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease.

I trust in You
I trust in You.

I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my portion
I believe You are more than enough for me."

As I worshiped to this song I felt a great sense of comfort knowing that my Lord holds my world in His hands. I am encouraged to Trust in Him and know He is all I need. He is my healer when I am sick or broken. He is my portion when I feel inadequate or discouraged. Life is complicated. Especially with life decisions being made and coming near the end of college and trying so desperately to figure out the life I am called to live. The fact that my Lord walks through fire with me and calms my raging seas is more than enough for me. This song spoke right to my heart and I am thankful.

Today, Craig preached on Generosity and what the Bible states about generosity. Craig believes there are three types of mindsets: The Bag Mindset, The Basket Mindset and The Barn Mindset.

The Bag Mindset; Not Enough
"...You eat, but do not have enough; You drink, but you are not filled with drink; You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm; And he who earns wages, earns wages to put into a bag with holes." -Haggai 1:6

The Basket Mindset; More Than Enough
"The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock...Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out." -Deuteronomy 28:4-6

The Barn Mindset; Infinitely More Than Enough
"The Lord will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to..."
-Deuteronomy 28:8

My heart was convicted. All too much in my life I have the bag mindset. I want more for me....all too often do I purchase something unnecessary. I pray that my mindset becomes more like a basket or even the barn, especially during this Christmas season. To blessed you must bless others. This sermon really hit home and I am thankful.

Thanks for letting me share my heart,
Claire

No comments: