Monday, January 2, 2012

In with the New [2012]

I am so looking forward to 2012, for many reasons, but mainly I am getting married! I am so thankful Caleb and I waited to get married until after my first year of teaching. As you know if you are a teacher, the first year is so consuming of your time, energy, excitement, basically it consumes your life. Now teaching in general is pretty consuming but hopefully nothing compares to the first year. I am thankful I will be able to enjoy my first year of marriage as just that, rather than first year of marriage and teaching. I am look forward to the challenge of being married. Caleb and I know what it is like to have ups and downs, but truly it is what makes you a better person and better for each other. I know marriage won't be easy, but whoever said easy was best anyways! So for 2012 I am going to be intentional...

-intentional with the lord
-intentional with caleb
-intentional with "my" kids aka my job
-intentional with my friendships
-intentional with my family
-intentional with exercise [pray for me now]
-intentional with my decision making
-intentional with my quiet time

Today was my first day back at work and it was definitely a grint and bare kinda day! WOW! I am tired and desperately want a nap. So thankful for the time off but even more thankful to be back with the 20 students the Lord intentionally placed in my care this year! I feel very blessed and very encouraged to start this year!

Go Cowboys!!! Beat Stanford!!!

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

What a great year 2012 will be for you!