Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Quit....

Drinking Coke? ....No
Complaining? ....Yes

Try to anyways! The Bible calls us to 14 "Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure..." (Phil. 2:14-15). As I sat in church this morning I listened to the message and thought I was the only one in the room. Wonderful. I literally thought Pastor Craig was talking directly to me. But isn't that how it's supposed to me? Why would you want to go to a church where you don't feel challenged? Needless to say, I felt very challenged and I'm very glad. All negativity and complaints that come out of my mouth not only e(a)ffect **I can't think right now! the people around me but also myself. Complaining does not make the situation better. All it does is show the Lord how ungrateful I am. Pastor Craig painted this picture~ When a child (or let's get real not only children) pulls the "my life sucks" card or "I hate this" attitude it really makes them look like an ungrateful brat because of how blessed they really are, thanks to their parents. I think about how I am a child of God and I seem like an ungrateful brat to Him. Convicting.

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." ~Ephesians 4:29

Now every time I feel like complaining or being negative I am going to bite my tongue. I know this seems like a very far off challenge; however, I am determined to at least improve!!! I am going to be positive, uplifting, and encouraging! 

Are you up for the challenge with me??? Come on!!!


No comments: