Monday, August 16, 2010

My 2 Week in Review

I am soo happy to be back in the blogging world! It is amazing how much recruitment consumes your life and you really don't have time for things such as blogging! ha! I am going to try to catch you up with pictures from my past two weeks! We had a wonderful recruitment & got another great batch of Pi Phi babies! I am so proud to be an Oklahoma Beta. Our chapter achieved so many wonderful accomplishments on campus as well as being recognized as one of the top ten Pi Phi chapters in the Nation. Obviously we have a lot to be proud of so I am excited for these new freshman to keep the legacy alive. 
Our Gamma Chi's (or recruitment counselors) have been disaffiliated from our chapter since last March. 
Before recruitment starts all the Gamma Chi's walk around to each chapter and we give them their gifts and a last little hoo-rah! Pi Phi's always do a cookie shine ~ very special to everyone!


The seniors - minus our 8 Gamma Chi's - that were at recruitment


Pi Phi puts on Grease on Skit Day each year. I have been in the skit before but this year I was Rizzo! I had the time of my life. This is me, Adley, and Courtney on the open house day for family and friends to watch. We had a blast but extremely sad it was our last time to be in Grease!


My sweet little family. My G, little & me! All ready for the first day of recruitment!


My great friend, Kim, on open round day!

Philanthropy & House Tour day! I wish you could see my shoes! They had a big bow on them just like my dress! :0)




Skit Day~ Friends dressed up! We decorate like crazy~ It takes hours to set up!


Shelley, me & Meg ~ Our bumping line! We rotated and talked to the same girls each day!


My little who I love so much!!


Kylie - my dear friend!


Pref Day~ A very emotional day, especially for seniors! I gave a senior speech in one of the parties! It was very emotional! I am going to blog about it another day, I want to share with you guys what Pi Phi truly means to me!

BID DAY!!!! We were so excited to pick up our new freshman & our pledge sisters who were Gamma Chi's!





Running from the student union all the way to the Pi Phi house! Such a special moment. 
It is really cool - the police block the streets while family and friends line the streets and cheer for their girls!


Lindsay and I sat up a booth at Pi Phi on Bid Day. We sold our crosses! Everyone loved them! 

So that is the short version! It was a wonderful 2 weeks. I am home for the week until Saturday. I start my senior year on Monday! Crazy! I have started to pray that I will have a content heart and take one day at a time, not getting anxious about anything! I pray that I stay in the moment and not worry what the future holds. Hope you enjoyed the pictures! I am happy to be back on a normal blog schedule!


6 comments:

Elise said...

wow, those crosses are cool!

PK said...

Claire, so fun :) I loved your last part about being content. That will def be my motto this year! Matthew 6:34

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Ahhh... these photos make me really miss my sorority days!!! :(

Christa said...

Looks like you have been busy!!!

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh my gosh, these pictures are too much fun. I wish I had been in a sorority at one point before I got married. I'm a huge people person, always get along with all my friends and I'm such a girly girl.
I got married at 20 and bought a house and two dogs instead :) Hah, not quite a sorority but still fun. I'm glad your weeks have been going good. It looks like your making so many good memories with all the girls.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

The pictures made me miss my days of recruitment!!!! I used to love doing all the skits and parties!