Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Dance of Redemption

My Sin
Your unfailing love.
My transgression
Your great compassion.
My iniquity
Your cleansing.
My evil
Your mercy.
My sin
Your wisdom.
My song
Your righteousness.
My broken heart
Your delight.
My prosperity
Your good pleasure.


Create in me a pure heart.
Do not cast me from Your presence.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation.
Sustain me.

For I know my transgressions and my sin is ever before me.
~White Than Snow


I am so grateful for my relationship with the Lord. I have never felt so at peace in my life, even though I have no idea what is in store for me. I am totally trusting the Lord with my life. I am not nervous, worried, or scared because I know my God will take care of me.

I've prayerfully discovered when I quit looking for satisfaction in the created, failing world and begin to find my satisfaction in Christ, then I am more willing to hold loosely to the things that once held me.

These past two weeks I have been able to look at my life and completely realize where I mess up, but also realize I am completely human. I am a flawed human being. However, I am so desperately loved by the One who changes lives. I am okay with being flawed because I know my Lord will offer me grace and mercy and love me for who I am. "We don't have to be defensive when our weakness is revealed." (WTS) I am okay with messing up because I know my hope is in the Lord. I want to surround myself with people who uplift me and make me a better person. It doesn't take much to realize who is this and who is not.

No comments: